With so many potential benefits available from CBD, it’s no wonder some people choose to use CBD for allergies, too. Seasonal allergies are a popular complaint during the spring, as plants begin to wake up from their winter slumber with new growth and plenty of pollen. Add in that the melting snows and spring showers can leave behind damp areas perfect for mold growth, and you have the perfect allergy storm, but will CBD oil help with those allergies?
CBD is short for cannabidiol, one of over a hundred active compounds found in members of the cannabis family, including industrial hemp. Industrial hemp has a THC concentration of 0.3% or less so it won’t get you high, but it has shown a lot of potential for helping users find a more natural path to better health and wellness. Using CBD for allergies is a popular topic of exploration during allergy season or for those who live in areas with a high allergen level year round.
What Causes Springtime Allergies
As pollen, molds, and dust begin to swirl in the air, you take it in. It’s in every breath, on every surface, and it coats everything you eat and drink. Most people aren’t allergic to all of these things, but even substances you aren’t technically allergic to can cause a reaction in a high enough concentration. If you don’t ingest something you’re allergic to or enough of a substance you’re sensitive too, you might not experience a reaction that we usually term “allergies.”. It’s these allergies people use CBD for.
If, however, you do cross this threshold, you will most likely end up miserable as your body tries to combat these contaminants. A true allergic reaction is not the contaminant itself, but your body’s reaction to this foreign substance. Your body’s immune system has learned to respond to its presence as an infection. In order to fight this infection, your body puts your immune system into overdrive, attempting to expel the contaminants and purge it from your system. It does this in a few (mostly disgusting) ways.
- So Much Mucus – In order to prevent taking in more contaminants, your mucus production goes into overdrive. This helps to capture them as they enter your air passages and mouth before they can reach the point of ingestion. Generally, this leads to excessive saliva production, a runny nose, and rapidly filling sinuses.
- Difficulty Breathing – Aside from the tons of fresh bodily fluids occupying your airways, they may begin to constrict. This can cause wheezing, coughing, and shortness of breath.
- Inflammation – To help fight what it’s convinced is an infection, inflammation begins around airways, mucous membranes, sinuses, and eventually throughout the body. This can include low-grade fever areas, stiffness, and achiness.
- Other Symptoms – There are as many different ways to seasonal allergy symptoms as there are people with seasonal allergies. Watery eyes, water retention, fatigue, and others all combine to make you miserable.
Luckily, using CBD for allergies may offer some relief from many of these.
How Will CBD Oil Help With Allergies?
CBD can help with allergies in several different ways.
- CBD Helps Strengthen the Immune System – By giving your immune system a boost, it’s less likely to go into overdrive at the first sight of these contagions. It fosters a more balanced response with fewer negative symptoms.
- CBD Helps You Breathe Easier – Limited studies have shown that CBD can have a positive effect during an allergic asthma attack. This helps open airways. CBD also helps control the overproduction of mucus, keeping those airways clear of obstructions.
- Eases Inflammation – Some users report that when using CBD for allergies, they experience a reduction in inflammation. This can lead to less discomfort, and reduce the complicating factors inflammation can cause for breathing and pain levels.
- Improves Focus – Often during a bout with allergies, it’s hard to concentrate or relax. You become so focused on the symptoms, their discomfort, and their inconvenience, that it can be hard to think about anything else. Users state that CBD helps them foster a more focused and positive attitude.
- Eases Pain and Discomfort – Plenty of people use CBD in addition to more traditional pain and discomfort treatments. CBD for allergies can also help with the aches and discomfort brought about by inflammation.
Your Results May Vary
Just as everyone may experience allergies differently, the results they get from CBD may differ. Being a natural substance derived from a plant rather than a lab-created synthetic chemical, the effects you experience come from a blending of the CBD, other endocannabinoids, and any other botanical or active compounds in your CBD oil. If you want to experience the full benefits of CBD for allergies, you need to make sure you have high-quality CBD. Premium CBD oil will offer the best help with allergies.
CBD You Can Count On
Our CBD is grown in the US naturally, without chemical pesticides or insecticides, before being shipped to our Colorado processing facility. There, it is processed by trained experts in a clean-room setting. This medical-grade environment lets us get the purest CBD oil possible from our multi-million dollar processing machines. After that, it’s scientifically formulated for potency, lab-verified, and turned into some of the finest CBD products on the market. Our processes are monitored every step of the way to ensure you’re getting a consistent product, devoid of contamination, and with a potency you can trust.