With so many potential benefits available from CBD, it’s no wonder some people are asking “is hemp oil good for allergies?” Seasonal allergies are a widespread complaint during the spring, as plants begin to wake up from their winter slumber with new growth and plenty of pollen. Add in that the melting snows and spring showers can leave behind damp areas perfect for mold growth, and you have the perfect allergy storm, but should you look to use CBD against allergies?
CBD is short for cannabidiol, one of over a hundred active compounds found in members of the cannabis family, including industrial hemp. Industrial hemp has a THC concentration of 0.3% or less, so it won’t get you high, but it has shown a lot of potential for helping users find a more natural path to better health and wellness. CBD is abundant in hemp, but “is hemp good for allergies” is a popular topic of exploration during allergy season or for those who live in areas with a high allergen level year-round.
Is Hemp Oil Good For Allergies? Your Results May Vary
Using hemp and CBD oil for allergies is not a clinically-recognized use of CBD. Users should not expect CBD products to completely alleviate their allergies. However, many users have had success addressing several of their underlying allergy symptoms by using CBD oil for allergies. And several of these functions are backed by comprehensive research.
Seasonal allergies can cause inflammation in the throat and sinuses. Left untreated, this can make it difficult to eat, drink, or speak. It’s one of the most debilitating symptoms of springtime allergies. And luckily, CBD may be able to help.
CBD is a powerful anti-inflammatory. As such, CBD oil may offer relief from the swelling and nasal discomfort associated with allergies. By reducing the inflammation and swelling, CBD oil for allergies can help users breathe freely and enjoy the spring air unburdened by seasonal allergies.
But just as everyone may experience allergies differently, the results they get from CBD may differ. Being a natural substance derived from a plant rather than a lab-created synthetic chemical, the effects you experience come from a blending of the CBD, other endocannabinoids, and any other botanical or active compounds in your CBD oil.
So is hemp oil good for allergies in your case? Everyone’s symptoms react a little differently to CBD and hemp oil, and only experience will tell for sure. If you want to experience the full benefits of CBD oil for allergies, you need to make sure you have high-quality CBD. Premium CBD oil will offer the best help with allergies.
What Causes Springtime Allergies
As pollen, mold, and dust begin to swirl in the air, you take it in. It’s in every breath, on every surface, and it coats everything you eat and drink. Most people aren’t allergic to all of these things, but even substances you aren’t technically allergic to can cause a reaction if they’re found in a high enough concentration. If you don’t ingest something you’re allergic to or enough of a substance you’re sensitive too, you might not experience a reaction that we usually term “allergies.” It’s for these symptoms that people use CBD oil for allergies.
If, however, you do cross this threshold, you will most likely end up miserable as your body tries to combat these contaminants. A true allergic reaction is not due to the contaminant itself but to your body’s reaction to the foreign substance. Your body’s immune system has learned to respond to foreign contaminants’ presence like it would to an infection. In order to fight this infection, your body puts your immune system into overdrive, attempting to expel the contaminants and purge them from your system. It does this in a few (mostly disgusting) ways.
- So Much Mucus – To prevent taking in more contaminants, your mucus production goes into overdrive. This helps to capture them as they enter your air passages and mouth before they can reach the point of ingestion. Generally, this leads to excessive saliva production, a runny nose, and rapidly-filling sinuses.
- Difficulty Breathing – Aside from the tons of fresh bodily fluids occupying your airways, they may begin to constrict. This can cause wheezing, coughing, and shortness of breath.
- Inflammation – To help fight what it’s convinced is an infection, inflammation begins around airways, mucous membranes, sinuses, and eventually throughout the body. This can include low-grade fever areas, stiffness, and achiness.
- Other Symptoms – There are as many different ways to seasonal allergy symptoms as there are people with seasonal allergies. Watery eyes, water retention, fatigue, and others combine to make you miserable.
But is hemp oil good for allergies? You may be in luck, because using CBD for allergies may offer some relief from many of these symptoms.
How Does CBD Oil Help With Allergies?
Hemp oil and CBD can help with allergies in several different ways.
- CBD Helps Strengthen the Immune System – By giving your immune system a boost, it’s less likely to go into overdrive at first sight of these contagions. It fosters a more balanced response with fewer negative symptoms.
- CBD Helps You Breathe Easier – Limited studies have shown that CBD can have a positive effect during an allergic asthma attack. This helps open airways. CBD also helps control the overproduction of mucus, keeping those airways clear of obstructions.
- Eases Inflammation – One of CBD’s best-researched uses is for reducing inflammation. Some users report that, when using CBD oil for allergies, they experience a reduction in inflammation. This can lead to less discomfort and reduce the complicating factors inflammation can cause for breathing and pain levels.
- Improves Focus – Often, during a bout with allergies, it’s hard to concentrate or relax. You become so focused on the symptoms, discomfort, and inconvenience, that it can be hard to think about anything else. Users state that CBD helps them foster a more focused and positive attitude.
- Eases Pain and Discomfort – Plenty of people use CBD in addition to more traditional pain and discomfort treatments. CBD against allergies can also help with the aches and discomfort brought about by inflammation.
CBD You Can Count On
Our CBD is naturally grown in the US, without chemical pesticides or insecticides, before being shipped to our Colorado processing facility. There, it is processed by trained experts in a clean-room setting. This medical-grade environment lets us get the purest CBD oil possible from our multi-million dollar processing machines. It is scientifically formulated for potency, lab-verified, and turned into some of the finest CBD products on the market. Our processes are monitored every step of the way to ensure you’re getting a consistent product, devoid of contamination and with a potency you can trust.