You may have read about the many potential health benefits of CBD, but you may not know how effective CBD is against the flu. While it shouldn’t take the place of appropriate medical care, CBD can be an effective aid in managing the flu and flu-like symptoms. For those suffering through a bout of the worst of all season, flu season, it can help them get some relief and feel better faster.
CBD For Wellness
CBD is short for cannabidiol, one of just over a hundred active compound called cannabinoids found in industrial hemp. When used, it acts on your body’s endocannabinoid system, where it can create certain effects in the body. Some of these effects are precisely what make CBD great against the flu.
Go Away Flu, Nobody Likes You
The flu isn’t a virus, rather its a range of viruses that share certain characteristics. This variety of viruses is why, even with a flu vaccine, many people still get the flu. The vaccine is actually based on predictions made by virologists about which strains will be prevalent in any given year. If you are exposed to another strain, the vaccine has reduced effectiveness or may not work at all.
As a virus, these illnesses can’t be cured by antibiotics or antibacterial remedies once you’re exposed. All you can do is manage the symptoms and allow it to run its course. Even medication assigned by your doctor will not cure your flu, but it is meant to make you feel better. CBD may also help with these same flu symptoms, making it a smart choice to use CBD against the flu if you want to be back on your feet quicker.
What CBD Won’t Do
CBD is not a medicine, so it won’t help you diagnose, cure, treat, or specifically prevent the flu. Using CBD does not take the place of competent medical care, though you may decide for yourself if you want to use it in addition to any treatment. Many people choose to use CBD against the flu symptoms that cause them the most suffering while they’re infected.
How CBD Can Help
Very little peer-reviewed studies are available about the benefits of CBD. Due to its decades of treatment as a controlled substance along with its psychoactive cousin, marijuana, evidence has been limited to smaller research programs, anecdotal experiences, and, more recently, preliminary results from better-funded studies since legalization. So far, this evidence has pointed to the effectiveness of CBD against flu symptoms.
- Achiness – The achiness that often is associated with the flu is primarily due to the inflammation it causes in your body as your immune system works to eradicate the virus. Some research indicates that cannabis has anti-inflammatory effects that help minimize this inflammation for less pain and discomfort.
- Headaches – Another painful part of having the flu are the splitting headaches it can bring. These often occur for a variety of reasons. Inflamed sinuses can lead to powerful front-of-the-head pain that makes it hard to focus. The stress involved in illness and missed work can lead to stress headaches that settle behind the eyes and in the base of your skull. CBD is suspected of having an analgesic effect in addition to its anti-inflammatory properties to help combat most headaches, while it’s calming influence leads to better stress management.
- The Blahs – One of the hardest flu symptoms to quantify is the way a serious illness makes you feel mentally and emotionally. Using CBD against the flu “blahs” is an easy way to support a positive and healthy outlook while you recover. Users report that CBD gives them a sense of calm and well-being, and while positive thoughts may not cure the flu, studies show positivity leads to better healing outcomes.
- Nausea – It’s not uncommon to experience an upset stomach during a bout of the flu. You don’t want to eat, and the thought of food may make you sick, but your body needs fuel to fight off the viral invader. Fighting nausea with CBD has long been a tactic espoused by some CBD users, particularly those fighting nausea associated with chemotherapy.
- Lack Of Sleep – Between the pain and the sniffling, it can be hard to get a good night’s rest when you’re fighting the flu. Using CBD against the flu can be a great way to promote better sleep. The mental calm that CBD can help you find makes it easier to relax. A good night’s sleep is important anytime, but when you’re ill, it’s especially needed.
Better Health And Wellness Year Round
The best way to fight the flu is to prevent it. This includes taking extra sanitation and hygiene precautions during flu season, like washing your hands and using hand sanitizer more often or cleaning areas of your home or office where common use could spread germs. It can also include using your CBD products. Many users feel that a regular CBD regimen helps strengthen their immune system, giving their body the help it needs to better fight off illnesses when exposure occurs. That means you can use CBD against the flu before you have it.
Trust Quality Products
When you decide that CBD is right for you, make sure you’re getting the highest-quality CBD on the market. We bring you the top products from some of the top names in industrial hemp derived CBD oil. Whether you want to use CBD against the flu or your own independent research has led you to believe CBD should be part of your daily regimen for another reason, you can order the right CBD products for you from CBD Choice today.