You may have read about CBD’s many potential health benefits, but you may not know how effective CBD is against the flu. While it shouldn’t take the place of appropriate medical care, CBD for the flu can be a useful tool for managing flu-like symptoms. For those suffering through the worst of the flu season, it can help them get some relief and feel better faster. Here are some things to know about a CBD flu treatment.
CBD For Wellness
CBD is short for cannabidiol, one of over a hundred natural compounds, called cannabinoids, found in industrial hemp. When used, it acts on your body’s endocannabinoid system, where it can create certain effects in the body. Some of these effects are precisely what makes taking CBD oil for flu symptoms an effective strategy.
Go Away Flu. Nobody Likes You
The flu isn’t a single virus; rather, it’s a range of viruses that share certain characteristics. That’s why, even with a flu vaccine, many people still get the flu. The vaccine is actually based on predictions made by virologists about which strains will be prevalent in any given year. If you are exposed to another strain, the vaccine has reduced effectiveness or may not work at all.
Viruses can’t be cured by antibiotics or antibacterial remedies. Once you’re exposed, all you can do is manage the symptoms and allow it to run its course. Even medication assigned by your doctor will not cure your flu but is meant to make you feel better. CBD may also help with these same flu symptoms, making a CBD flu treatment one potential way to get back on your feet quicker.
What CBD Won’t Do For Fighting Flu
CBD is not a medicine, so it won’t help you diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent the flu. Using a CBD flu treatment cannot take the place of competent medical care, though it may help you manage your flu symptoms. Many people choose to use CBD for flu symptoms that cause them the most suffering while they’re infected.
5 Ways CBD For Flu Symptoms Can Help You
Because of the decades-long legal prohibition on all forms of cannabis, including industrial hemp, research on hemp still has a long way to go. But existing evidence suggests that CBD for the flu may be a viable option.
- Achiness – The achiness that often is associated with the flu is primarily due to the inflammation it causes in your body as your immune system works to eradicate the virus. Existing research shows that CBD is a powerful anti-inflammatory, which may make CBD for flu a great way to reduce the achiness and pain that the virus causes.
- Headaches – Another painful part of having the flu is the splitting headache it can bring. Inflamed sinuses can lead to powerful front-of-the-head pain that makes it hard to focus. The stress involved in illness and missed work can lead to stress headaches that settle behind the eyes and in the base of your skull. CBD has been shown to have an analgesic effect in addition to its anti-inflammatory properties, which help alleviate flu headaches, even while its calming influence leads to better stress management.
- The Blahs – One of the hardest flu symptoms to quantify is how a serious illness makes you feel mentally and emotionally. Using CBD for the flu’s “blahs” is an easy way to support a positive and healthy outlook while you recover. Users report that CBD gives them a sense of calm and well-being. While positive thoughts may not cure the flu, studies show positivity leads to better healing outcomes.
- Nausea – It’s common to experience an upset stomach during a bout of the flu. You don’t want to eat, and the thought of food may make you sick, but your body needs fuel to fight off the viral invader. Fighting nausea with CBD is a well-established practice in the community, particularly those fighting nausea associated with chemotherapy.
- Lack Of Sleep – Between the pain and the sniffling, it can be hard to get a good night’s rest when you’re fighting the flu. Using CBD against the flu can be a great way to promote better sleep. The mental calm that CBD can help you find makes it easier to relax. A good night’s sleep is important anytime, but when you’re ill, it’s especially needed.
Better Health And Wellness Year Round
The best way to fight the flu is to prevent it. Prevention includes taking extra sanitation and hygiene precautions during flu season, such as washing your hands and using hand sanitizer more often, and cleaning areas of your home or office where everyday use could spread germs. It can also include using your CBD products.
Many users feel that CBD helps strengthen their immune system, giving their body the help it needs to better fight off illnesses when exposure occurs. That means you can use CBD for flu prevention, even before you have it!
Trust Quality Products
When you decide that CBD is right for you, make sure you’re getting the highest-quality CBD on the market. We bring you the top products from some of the top names in industrial hemp-derived CBD oil. Whether you want to use CBD against the flu or your own independent research has led you to believe CBD should be part of your daily regimen for another reason, you can order the right CBD products for you from CBD Choice today.