Fall's BFF: CBD Coffee
As the weather grows cold and the Holiday Season approaches, few things warm the spirits like a good ol’ cup of joe. But here at CBD Choice, of course, we’re always looking to add a dash of healthy CBD into the mix! So today, we present our favorite recipes for holiday-themed CBD coffee!
These CBD-infused coffees deliver that autumnal flavor you wait all year for, with a perfect dose of CBD oil. From Pumpkin Spice Lattes to Mint Mochas, these CBD coffee recipes are perfect for bundling up and savoring the chilly holiday seasons!
Why Take Your CBD in Coffee?
Combining CBD with your cup of morning coffee is a delicious and convenient way to combine two of your most important daily rituals. Beyond this simple convenience, however, CBD and coffee can work together to create a smoother, more pleasant wake-me-up than coffee alone.
Due to its caffeine content, coffee is a reasonably potent stimulant. Drink too much (or just on an empty stomach), and you can experience some seriously unpleasant side-effects! From stomach upset to anxiety and digestive issues (you know what we’re talking about), your coffee bliss can quickly take a turn for the worse!
Enter CBD to save the day. When properly dosed, CBD-infused coffee can go a long way towards taking the edge off of many of those side-effects. As preliminary research and millions of users will attest, CBD is a great way to curb anxiety and to reduce your perception of pain — including from “coffee gut” and other forms of stomach upset
But CBD coffee isn’t just about taking the edge off of coffee’s less pleasant effects. CBD-infused coffee can offer all CBD’s many therapeutic wellness benefits in a piping-hot, utterly delicious, and festive package. Many users believe the combination is delightfully synergistic, producing a clear-headed, mellow energy that’s far preferable to what you’d get from CBD or coffee on its own!
If you’d like to learn more about why CBD coffee is such a winning combination, check out our guide to CBD coffee’s many benefits.
Does Heat Hurt CBD’s Therapeutic Properties?
Coffee is traditionally served piping hot, and that’s especially true during the wintery seasons! And while too much heat can reduce CBD’s therapeutic effectiveness, coffee brewers have little to worry about.
CBD’s boiling point is around 320 to 356 degrees Fahrenheit. When it’s heated to this temperature, your dose of CBD will start to degrade.
Luckily, brewing coffee typically doesn’t come close to such high temperatures. Coffee is ideally brewed somewhere between 195 and 205 degrees Fahrenheit, far lower than the temperature that would diminish your dose of CBD’s strength.
As such, you really shouldn’t worry when brewing CBD coffee. However, if you’d like to be extra careful and ensure that none of your CBD dose is broken down, you could either use a cold-brew coffee or add your dose of CBD after the coffee has cooled somewhat.
Seasonal CBD Coffee Recipes
With all that out of the way, let’s jump straight in! Below you’ll find tried-and-true recipes for some of the most festive and seasonally-appropriate CBD coffee brews around! They’re quick, easy, and the perfect way to cuddle up and enjoy a bit of CBD holiday spirit.
Note on the choice of CBD oil: When selecting the CBD product to use in these recipes, the most important consideration by far is flavor. However, you should also note that most CBD oils are not fully water soluble (unless it is water soluble nano-CBD), so the CBD dose will eventually separate from the rest of the beverage. To avoid this, drink your CBD coffee shortly after you are done preparing it OR make your brew with either 1) a CBD isolate powder or 2) a water-soluble CBD oil such as those sold by CBD Living. For help on flavor selection, check out our guide to Choosing the Best Flavored CBD Oil.
CBD Pumpkin Spice Latte
Perhaps the king of autumn coffee brews, the pumpkin spice latte, is a favorite of holiday lovers everywhere. This CBD pumpkin spice latte recipe is a surefire hit, packed with authentic pumpkin flavor and a range of delicious spices.
What You’ll Need to Make CBD Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1 cup milk (soy, almond, or cow milk is recommended)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon honey (you may substitute with maple honey for a more complex, rich taste)
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup of your favorite coffee
- CBD oil or isolate powder (dosage will vary; we recommend either an unflavored oil or one with a complementary flavor you enjoy; a light orange or honey flavor is a good choice)
How to Prepare CBD Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Brew your favorite cup of coffee as per usual.
- In a saucepan, heat the milk. Set aside ⅓ of the heated milk (⅓) cup in a cup.
- Add the pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, vanilla, vanilla, and coffee to the saucepan (which contains the remainder of the milk). Stir until well combined.
- Add your honey and CBD oil or isolate, then stir until combined.
- Pour the contents of the saucepan into a coffee cup.
- Froth the reserved milk by either using a milk frother or putting it in a covered shaker and shaking vigorously for up to a minute.
- Spoon the frothed milk out onto the top of your prepared coffee mixture.
- Sprinkle the foam with a light dusting of pumpkin pie spice.
CBD Peppermint Mocha
Another timeless coffee classic, this wintery treat is a crisp, delightful, and thoroughly uplifting way to get your daily dose of CBD. Chocolate lovers rejoice because there’s simply no better time to indulge in a bit of delightfully delicious mocha goodness!
What You’ll Need to Make CBD Peppermint Mocha
- ½ cup milk (we prefer cow milk for this recipe, which adds a little bit of thickness; almond milk also works well)
- 1 cup of your favorite coffee
- 1oz of bittersweet chocolate, chopped (may substitute for another type of chocolate, but bittersweet is the wintery classic! Special mention to Green Roads CBD Dark Chocolate, which is a perfect pairing)
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- CBD oil or isolate powder (dosage will vary; we recommend either an unflavored oil or a mint or chocolate flavored one. Special mentions to Lazarus Naturals Chocolate Mint Tincture and Core CBD’s Peppermint CBD Oil)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Crushed candy canes (optional)
How to Prepare CBD Peppermint Mocha
- Brew your favorite cup of coffee as per usual.
- In a saucepan, add all of the ingredients except for the peppermint and the CBD oil or isolate powder.
- Bring the saucepan to a simmer, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Add the peppermint and CBD oil or isolate powder. Stir.
- Pour the mix into a coffee cup, then top with whipped cream and crushed candy cane as desired.