Did you know there are curated CBD oils for dogs? In fact, anecdotal reports show that pups and pooches benefit significantly from CBD treatment. It’s also important to mention that there exists a variety of CBD-infused pet products: oil tinctures, fur-friendly topicals, even CBD dog treats.
Which products do you think your pets enjoy the most?
CBD dog treats, of course! Combining broad-spectrum CBD oil – the kind that contains all the natural nutrients of the hemp plant with none of the intoxicating THC – with organic ingredients, these treats for dogs offer the maximum pooch-friendly benefits of CBD. Today, we’re going to teach you some of our favorite CBD dog treat recipes so you can make the perfect delicacies for your canine companions right at home. Let’s get started!
Sheet-Style CBD Dog Treats
Our first CBD dog treat recipe is likely the most accessible to anyone reading at home. That’s because this recipe requires mostly things you already have at home! Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 ounces Broad Spectrum CBD Oil (unflavored)
- 1 cup Flour (unbleached, gluten-free)
- 1 cup Oatmeal
- 2 Eggs
- Water (as needed)
We recommend using organic ingredients with all of our CBD dog treat recipes. Why? Because dogs are sensitive to preservatives and artificial sweeteners. We only want the best for our pups, and natural or organic ingredients allows us to make the best treats for dogs that we possibly can! So how do you make these deliciously simple dog treats?
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Grease a small to medium-sized baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, beat your eggs and flour until mixed; add oatmeal and broad-spectrum CBD oil.
- Add water until your desired thickness is achieved. The mixture should be thick but not overly viscous, similar to pancake batter.
- Smooth the batter evenly atop the baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Let sit 5 minutes after cooking; cut treats into doggy bite-sized pieces (cookie-cutter optional).
How Can I Customize These CBD Dog Treats?
Glad you asked! Almost any CBD dog treat recipe can be customized to fit your dog’s palate. We’ll show you how to turn these delectable sheet-style dog treats into either a sweet or savory delicacy for your pup.
For sweet treats using this recipe, we recommend adding a half-cup of creamy peanut butter and one banana (smashed) into the mixture before baking. Peanut butter is the number one flavor for dogs. Additionally, bananas offer a healthy dose of potassium, vitamins, biotin, fiber, and copper.
For savory treats using this recipe, we recommend adding about six slices of chopped bacon. You must cook the bacon halfway, then let it cool before adding to the mixture. Otherwise, the bacon may not cook thoroughly in the oven.
In addition, CBD oils for dogs come in a variety of flavors. To easily add a savory twist on these sheet-style dog treats, simply use a bacon or chicken-flavored broad spectrum CBD oil instead of an unflavored CBD oil.
Biscuit-Style CBD Dog Treats
Dogs love a good biscuit. Why not infuse them with CBD? These treats for dogs are a little more advanced than sheet-style dog treats but make a great, pet-friendly quarantine cooking project! What will you need to get started?
- 2 ounces Broad Spectrum CBD Oil (unflavored or bacon-flavored)
- 2-½ cups Flour (unbleached, gluten-free)
- ½ cup Oatmeal
- ½ cup Powdered Milk
- ½ cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 Extra-Large Egg
- Egg Wash (1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water)
- Water (as needed)
We’ll get to the possible customizations in a minute, but as we said earlier, CBD oils for dogs come in a variety of flavors. If you want to make a sweeter dog biscuit, use unflavored CBD oil to avoid overpowering the added ingredients. If you wish to make a more savory dog biscuit, you can choose to opt for bacon or even chicken-flavored CBD oil for dogs. Again, use organic ingredients whenever possible! Only the best for our precious pups.
How do you make these delicious CBD-infused biscuits?
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix broad spectrum CBD oil, flour, powdered milk, oatmeal, and peanut butter.
- Add your egg with one cup of water; lightly beat until the mixture is sticky.
- Move dough to a well-floured surface before kneading into a ball.
- Push out the edges of your dough ball until you create a flat, ½-inch thick disc.
- Cut treat-sized pieces from this disc and form into balls.
- Place your balls on the baking sheet and brush with egg wash.
- Bake for one hour or until treats are completely hardened.
- Let sit for 15 minutes before serving your pups!
I Want to Customize My Biscuits!
Don’t worry; you’ll have plenty of options for customization with this CBD dog treat recipe as well! As always, we’ll look into both a delectable sweet and mouth-watering savory twist on these dog biscuits.
For sweeter biscuits, remember that this CBD dog treat recipe already calls for peanut butter. We recommend upping the peanut butter to a full cup and adding apple bits to the mixture before baking. These peanut-butter apple treats for dogs are so good, you might even have to try one for yourself!
For a more savory delight, we recommend adding grated cheese to the mixture before baking. You can even shave cheese on top of the dough once it’s on the baking sheet: this will let the cheese crisp atop the treats. Dogs love all cheese, but it’s best to use a cheese with a lower fat content like mozzarella cheese.
Turning CBD Oils for Dogs into Delicious Treats
CBD treatment can do wonders for our pooches and pups. It’s important to find a CBD product that works for them. In our experience, CBD dog treats are the way to go! Using a broad spectrum CBD-infused treat, free from the intoxicating effects of THC, your pets will have access to the amazing benefits of cannabinoid treatment.
Plus, when you make the treats yourself, you know exactly what’s going into your dog’s system. No harmful preservatives, artificial sweeteners, or nasty ingredients– just high-quality CBD combined with organic ingredients. That’s the way our pets like to CBD!