Vegan CBD Gummies: Nature's Sweetness
Veganism is an increasingly popular diet and, indeed, lifestyle. It's good for the body and the planet, and it's winning over more and more people every day.
But the vegan lifestyle isn't always easy. Finding vegan versions of your favorite foods and other products can be a chore. And when it comes to specialist products like vegan CBD gummies, many would-be users might expect to have difficulty finding them.
Thankfully, finding vegan CBD gummies is far from difficult. In this article, we cover everything you need to know about these tasty vegan treats. From the ingredients to look out for to tips on sourcing brands and more, this is the article you need to add the perfect sweet treat to your vegan lifestyle.
Is CBD Vegan Friendly?
CBD itself is 100% vegan friendly. After all, CBD comes from hemp and, as such, is purely a vegetable product!
BUT: the same can't always be said of the products made with CBD. Many CBD products will use animal-derived products that, obviously, are unacceptable for a vegan lifestyle.
Unfortunately, that's often the case with CBD gummies. Gelatin, for instance, is a key ingredient in both traditional and CBD gummies — and, while you may not realize it, gelatin is made from animal tissue!
Whenever you're looking for vegan products, it's important to carefully check the product's description and ingredients. Some brands may make it clear that their products are vegan; other times, you may have to do a bit of legwork yourself.
CBD Gummy Ingredients To Look Out For
If you want to double-check that your chosen products are 100% vegan-friendly, there's no substitute for carefully reviewing the ingredients.
Luckily, when you shop at a reputable vendor like CBD Choice, it's easy to find complete ingredient lists for any product you're considering. Still, there are some hurdles that you may need to overcome, and it's not always clear which ingredients could conflict with your vegan lifestyle.
When it comes to finding vegan CBD gummies, here are the types of ingredients you need to look out for.
The Binding Agent
Gummies get their distinctive, chewy feel from a binding agent. In traditional gummies, that's usually gelatin, an animal product. Vegan CBD gummies will use an alternative binding agent, which is most often one of the following:
This one can get tricky, as an individual product can contain many different flavoring ingredients, not all of which are obviously non-vegan.
What's worse, manufacturers don't always clarify which ingredients they use in their products! Some may simply list "flavorings" or "natural flavorings".
"Natural flavorings" may sound veganish, but it's far from a guarantee of being vegan-friendly.
Unfortunately, identifying vegan-friendly flavorings is likely to be the trickiest part of the process. There are a couple of ways you can try to pin it down, but both require real work.
- Visit the company's website and check whether or not they disclose their precise flavoring ingredients on product or FAQ pages.
- If that information is unavailable from their public web pages, you can reach out by phone, email, or customer service ticket to request the information.
Though they may seem innocent, those vibrant candy colors may be made from animals or insects!
Not all gummies use colorants, but most do. It's essential that you check these for their origins, lest your vegan diet is thrown out the window all for a bit of dazzling color.
The Easy Way
Sure, with a little bit of work, you can verify whether or not CBD gummies (or any other product) are vegan.
But that can be more of a hassle than it's worth. After all, when we're reaching for CBD gummies, we want easy, stress-free relaxation.
So the easy way? Just look for clearly labeled CBD gummies. At CBD Choice, we've got a ton of vegan CBD gummies to choose from, all carefully vetted to ensure that they're made with nothing but top-quality, 100% vegan ingredients.
DIY Vegan CBD Gummies: 4-Ingredient CBD Gummy Recipe
There are a ton of options out there for delicious CBD gummies — but sometimes, doing it yourself is so much more satisfying! And with this incredibly simple recipe, making your own vegan CBD gummies is easy as can be.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup fruit juice
- 2 teaspoons Agar Agar powder
- 2-3 tablespoons sweetener (sugar, maple syrup, agave, or the like will work)
- CBD isolate powder
- A gummy bear mold
- Place gummy bear mold on a large plate or tray (to catch any spillage)
- Place juice, agar agar powder, and sweetener in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Allow to boil for ~1 minute.
- Remove from heat and transfer mixture to a bowl. Allow it to cool briefly, then add your CBD isolate powder. Mix thoroughly.
- Allow mixture to sit for another 2-3 minutes, until it is no longer scalding hot but not so long that it begins to harden.
- Using a syringe (most gummy molds come with one), fill your gummy mold with the mixture.
- Transfer the mold into a fridge, then allow it to harden for at least 15 minutes.
- Remove the mold from the fridge, pop out your finished gummies, and enjoy!