The Pros and Cons of a Vaporizer
With the ongoing pandemic and an endless cycle of revolving news stories, we sometimes forget about past events. Remember when vape pens were all the rage among fear-mongering news headlines? That was less than two years ago, spanning from late-2019 to early-2020.
Lest we forget that these stories overshadowed a legitimate claim: portable vaporizers offer an alternative to smoking. Vaporizers – also known as vape pens – can be used with good intent. And so long as you know what goes into your vape cartridges, vaping doesn’t have to induce fear.
Today, we’ll cover vape products in more detail. Keep in mind that vaporizers can be used to smoke CBD, THC, nicotine, and various other substances. Spoiler alert: many of the cons of vaping are related to sketchy, unregulated products. We’ll discuss these unregulated products alongside our third-party lab tested CBD vape products.
In this examination, we’ll compare and contrast the pros and cons of a vaporizer, regardless of what you vape. You’ll learn about different types of portable vaporizers, such as dry herb vaporizers or disposable vape pens. We’ll even discuss the learning curve you must overcome in order to start vaping. Let’s get started!
What You Need to Know About Vape Pens, Vape Cartridges, etc.
Vaporizers go by many, many names. We’ve already used a few of these names here. What are all the names you can call a vaporizer?
- Vape Pens
- Electronic Cigarettes (or “E-cigs” for short)
- Portable Vaporizers
- Vape Cartridges (or “Carts” for short)
- Dry Herb Vaporizers (used primarily for marijuana)
Regardless of what you call it, all vapes follow the same principle. What is it? They allow you to heat, inhale, and smoke a substance of your choice. With a substance like CBD, the inhaled CBD molecules target endocannabinoid receptors found in the lungs. This allows you to feel the effects of CBD almost instantaneously.
Some vaporizers use vape cartridges. These cartridges are detachable, so you can easily fill them with the desired vape juice before use. Some portable vaporizers are disposable. Disposable vape pens often come pre-filled with the smokable substance of your choice. Here, the vape cartridges are built into the device, unable to be refilled. For some people, one of the biggest cons of vaping is having to consistently refill vape cartridges. If you fall into this category, we recommend pre-filled, disposable vape pens, as they bypass this issue.
How to Use a Vaporizer
There is no catch-all guide to using a vaporizer. Why? Because all vape pens are different. Mods, for example, use a system of coils and cotton swabs that must be built by hand. Devices reliant on vape cartridges, on the other hand, can utilize easily interchangeable pieces.
However, the principles governing vape devices are relatively consistent. Your vape must have a mouthpiece (where you inhale), an activation button (some devices activate upon inhalation), and a cartridge to hold the desired vape juice.
Remember: an empty vape can hurt or damage your lungs. Always make sure your portable vaporizers are filled before use. Hitting a dry vape can have serious health implications.
Vape Pens Have a Learning Curve (But You Can Overcome It!)
The learning curve for vaping might seem steep at first. However, with just a little patience, you can find a vape that’s right for you! How do you overcome the vaping learning curve?
For starters, you need to find a product that’s right for your needs. For example’s sake, let’s stick to CBD vape pens. At CBD Choice, we carry a variety of vape goods, including:
- Disposable CBD Vape Pens
- Vape Cartridges
- CBD-Infused Vape Juice
- CBD Vape Additives (which can be combined with other vape juices)
- And More!
Continuing with our example, let’s pretend you’re new to vaping altogether. We’d recommend an easy-to-use, disposable vape pen, as these have the smallest learning curve. Just press the tip of the vape pen to your lips and inhale, easy as that! We recommend the CBDfx Fresh Mint Vape Pen, one of our most popular models. This vape pen offers a fresh taste of mint alongside a low-potency dose of CBD. The emphasis on flavor over potency makes it perfect for first-time vape users.
On the flip side, for more experienced vape aficionados, we’d recommend the CBDistillery vape pens. These are also pre-filled and disposable but offer a much more impactful throat hit. What’s a throat hit, you ask? It’s when you feel the vape inhalation heavily in the throat. Traditional cigarettes often supply an intense throat hit as well. So when vaping as an alternative to smoking, throat hits might help cigarette smokers transition to vaping instead. In this way, CBDistillery vape pens are comparable to nicotine-infused vape cartridges, which are known for their intensity.
The Pros and Cons of a Vaporizer
So now that we’ve covered the basics let’s look at the pros and cons of a vaporizer! For starters, let’s take a look at the pros of using a vape device:
- You will feel the effects of CBD quicker, as your body absorbs substances through the lungs faster than other ingestion methods. This is why vape products are a fan-favorite among users who need instant relief.
- CBD vape pens often come infused with natural flavors. In this way, you can avoid the sometimes unsavory natural taste of raw hemp extracts.
- Vape pens and other devices can be easily concealed for discretion. They also make for easy, on-the-go CBD solutions.
- As long as you purchase your vape products from trustworthy manufacturers, you shouldn’t have to worry about severe side effects. When vape-related deaths were all over the news, many hospitalizations were due primarily to unregulated THC vape products.
- Vape pens make a great alternative to smoking traditional cigarettes. Many user-generated accounts have appeared online, stating that vaping has allowed for smoking cessation. These accounts have not been evaluated by the FDA or other government agencies.
And now for the cons of vaping:
- If you are new to vaping or do not have prior experience with smoking, the vape learning curve can sometimes be challenging to overcome. Just keep practicing your inhalations, and don’t be afraid to try a variety of different vape products. Finding the perfect vape device might make all the difference!
- If you have sensitive lungs or a previous lung-related illness, smoking anything is inadvisable. If you fall into this category, you should avoid portable vaporizers and other devices altogether.
Should You Use a Vaporizer?
After discussing the pros and cons of a vaporizer, is it right for you? We advise our CBD Choice family to use their best discretion when purchasing CBD products. Vape products do offer rapid relief. However, they can also be detrimental to those among us with sensitive lungs.
Remember: you can always talk to your doctor about vaping CBD before buying. You can also stay up-to-date on all the latest CBD-related news – including CBD vape news – with our blog. Happy (CBD) vaping!