Mushroom and CBD Blends: Hybrid Plant Wellness
No doubt about it: CBD is taking the health and wellness community by storm. But it's not the only natural wellness solution that's making waves — and CBD's therapeutic potential is sparking renewed interest in other traditional wellness treatments, too!
One such option: mushrooms. The planet is host to approximately 14,000 known mushroom species, with effects ranging from deadly to hallucinogenic to medicinal; and many of the medicinal mushrooms have long been used in traditional medicine to treat a wide variety of ailments.
But what about CBD and mushrooms together? It turns out that these two natural all-stars may just be a match made in heaven.
Health Benefits of CBD and Mushrooms Together
Taking CBD and (certain types of) mushrooms together offers a host of health benefits. What sorts of health benefits, you ask? Well, let's take a look at what each has to offer individually.
Mushrooms and hemp have complimentary benefits, including immune-boosting properties, improved focus, reduced stress, and neuroprotective qualities. Here's a run-down on what they have to offer:
The Benefits of CBD
Let's start out with a bit of a review. Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a naturally therapeutic compound known as a cannabinoid that is found in the cannabis plant.
When taken by humans (or other mammals, for that matter), CBD interacts with the body's endocannabinoid system, which plays a crucial role in a number of vital bodily functions, including:
- Memory formation and retention
- Perception of pain
- Inflammation and other immune system responses
- Fine motor control
- Cardiovascular health
According to both users' anecdotal reports and a growing body of CBD research, regular CBD use offers significant health benefits for many of the processes touched on by the ECS. The best-understood of these include:
- Pain management
- Stress and anxiety reduction
- Benefits to sleep
- Reduced frequency and severity of epileptic seizures
That's far from an exhaustive list, and new readers would do well to check out our Ultimate CBD Benefits List to get an idea of why CBD is making such a buzz.
Benefits of Medicinal Mushrooms
Mushrooms are an incredibly diverse category of fauna. Consequently, different species of mushrooms will have wildly different effects when ingested; in fact, many mushrooms are highly toxic, and you should never ingest mushrooms unless you are absolutely positive about what kind they are.
But many mushroom varieties are not only safe to eat, they can actually offer a variety of health benefits that impact on some of your most important vital and bodily functions!
Here are a few of the stand-out mushroom wellness superstars:
Lion's Mane mushrooms are brain-boosting all-stars, benefiting:
Cordyceps mushrooms are uplifting body boosters with benefits that include:
- Athletic performance
- Muscle recovery
Reishi mushrooms are calming mood-boosters with benefits to:
- Immune health
Shiitake mushrooms are heart-healthy heroes, with benefits that include:
- Lowering cholesterol
- Improved blood pressure and circulation
- General heart health
And that's just a sampling from the incredibly diverse world of medicinal mushrooms!
Our takeaway here? Medicinal mushrooms offer startling diverse benefits, and users should be careful to pick the rightstrain for their needs.
Taking Mushroom and CBD Blends for Hybrid Plant Wellness
Our bodies are complex, and no single supplement can provide for all of your health and wellness needs. For total body wellness, sometimes you need to diversify your treatment options!
In that spirit, more and more users are turning to a blend of CBD and medicinal mushrooms, carefully tailored to their health and lifestyle needs!
It's a combination that makes sense: CBD offers incredibly diverse benefits that can make general improvements to pain, inflammation, and mental health. On top of that solid base, a well-selected strain of mushroom can offer the hyper-specialized, focus benefits to kick your treatment into overdrive.
So, which types of mushrooms are best for your CBD and mushrooms treatment? It all depends on your treatment goals.
Finding the best option requires a little bit of leg work, but as with all things health and wellness, a little bit of research goes a long way, and talking to your doctor about new treatments is always a good idea.
CBD + Mushroom Products: Wellness, Pre-Packaged
With the growing buzz about the benefits of CBD and mushrooms together, it's only natural that specialized products would harness the unique combinations this therapeutic pairing can bring.
Several CBD brands have begun putting out their own mushroom-based wellness products! And of course, CBD Choice has taken notice, and we've chosen to carry a few of the emerging stand-outs.
Here are our favorites so far, courtesy of Medterra:
- Medterra Immune Boost Drops: a potent dose of cannabidiol with nature’s most time-honored immune boosters: Elderberry, Echinacea, Vitamin C, Ginger Root, Ashwagandha, Lemon Balm, and Reishi Mushrooms.
- Medterra Wellness Stress Support Capsules: a gentle mood booster that harnesses the soothing and calming power of CBD alongside Reishi Mushroom, Ashwagandha, and Holy Basil.
- Medterra Wellness Energy Capsules: a healthy alternative to your cup of morning coffee, Medterra Wellness Energy Capsules harness the power of guarana, superherbs, and invigorating cordyceps mushrooms to boost your energy and mood throughout the day.
Get all that? Here's a quick refresher, just in case.
- CBD offers many benefits, but it can't do it all.
- Many strains of mushrooms offer therapeutic benefits.
- Some mushrooms can reinforce CBD's effects, others can add whole new treatment possibilities.
- Taking the specified types of mushrooms is generally safe, but it's always best to consult your physician before starting new treatments.
- You can simplify your CBD + mushroom treatment by taking a hybrid product such as Medterra's Wellness line of capsules.
And as more CBD + mushroom (or other hybrid wellness) products become available, know that CBD Choice will be there at the cutting edge of natural botanical treatments. Stay tuned!