CBD Product Review: Lazarus Naturals High Potency CBD Tincture
No doubt about it, there are a ton of CBD oil options to choose from. Some specialize in delivering tasty flavors, others on bang-for-buck, still others on synergistic ingredients that make the oil or tincture more effective.
But with so many options, it's easy to get overwhelmed and lose track of what makes each product unique, effective, and worth your hard-earned cash.
So in this article, we shine the spotlight on one of my (and the community's) absolute favorite full spectrum tinctures: Lazarus Naturals High Potency Full Spectrum Tincture. Let's dive right into what makes this an all-star CBD oil.
Product Specs Overview
Want a quick-and-dirty summary of Lazarus Naturals High Potency Full Spectrum Tincture? Got you covered.
Note: all specs are accurate as of publication in November 2022.
Brand: Lazarus Naturals
Product Name: High Potency Full Spectrum Tincture
Price ($ - $$$): $
CBD Extract: Full spectrum
CBD per mg: 50mg CBD per 1ml oil
Size Options: 15ml, 30ml, 60ml, 120ml
CBD Potencies: 750mg, 1500mg, 3000mg, 6000mg
Price per mg CBD: $0.02 - $0.032
Flavor: "Unflavored"; rich, earthy, hempy notes
Base Oil: Hempseed and Coconut MCT (both organic)
Synergy Ingredients: None
From that basic rundown, you can already see a bit of what makes this tincture an absolute hit: it's a no-frills, highly-potent CBD oil with an almost unheard-of price per mg of CBD. This, simply put, is Value Town.
A Bit About Lazarus Naturals
Lazarus Naturals isn't the best known CBD brand, but those who've tried their products almost universally love them. Lazarus offers some of the most cost-effective CBD out there, as well as a handful of unusual specialty items that other manufacturers don't — like CBD Coconut Oil (which I use in my CBD cooking recipes all the time) or a CBD-only Rick Simpson Oil Syringe.
Lazarus flavors tend towards the natural and fruity, but, in my experience, they're nothing to write home about. The flavors are more subtle than with some other brands, and you won't find truly weird and artisanal flavors.
What truly makes Lazarus shine? Without a doubt, it's their prices. Lazarus offers an absolutely incredible value, with some of the lowest prices per mg of CBD you'll ever see.
Lazarus Naturals High Potency CBD Tincture Review
Lazarus Naturals has a few different CBD oils in their line of "High Potency CBD Tinctures", and I'll admit: the unflavored one isn't my personal favorite (more on the discussion of taste below).
But undeniably, this is a great option for almost anyone looking to get the most out of their CBD and save a few bucks doing it. Here are some of the standout features:
- Extract Type: Full Spectrum CBDPersonally, I'm a devotee of full-spectrum CBD. It's got a ton of other supporting cannabinoids, not just CBD, and when it comes to reducing anxiety (my main reason for using CBD), I find that only full-spectrum extracts like this really do the trick.
- CBD per ml: 50mg CBD per 1 ml tinctureThis tincture definitely lives up to the "high potency" label. For reference, most sources suggest that a dose of around 25mg is right in the sweet spot for beginners or those with mild symptoms — meaning that even a 0.5ml dose is likely enough for most users. Still, longtime users (like me) will be glad for the higher CBD in 1ml doses, as it cuts down on the total amount of oil you need to take in the day.
- Size and Potency Options: 15ml/750mg, 30ml/1500mg, 60ml/3000mg, 120ml/6000mgNothing to write home about here, but it's worth appreciating that Lazarus products run the gamut from low-to-high volume. New users can try out the oil with little investment, while those who know what they're in for can save by buying a high-volume bottle. Note that potencies per mg are identical across all four options.
- Price: EXTREMELY affordable, at $0.02 - $0.032For me, this is the real selling point of Lazarus Naturals tinctures — and it's why I almost always have a bottle of at least one of this line's flavored options. The 120ml/6000mg bottle costs just TWO CENTS per mg of CBD!! That's almost unheard of for a tincture or ANY other CBD product — except for raw CBD isolate powder, which is undeniably the cheapest form of CBD. For reference, many other brands, such as Koi, sell their highest volume tinctures for a little over SIX cents per mg — a full THREE TIMES the cost!
- Flavor: Here's where I'm not as wild about Lazarus's Unflavored High Potency Tincture. I'm a sucker for the fruity-flavored tinctures, and this "unflavored" option just doesn't quite do it for me. Like most full spectrum tinctures, it's got distinct notes of a rich, earthy, planty flavor that just isn't my cup of tea. Luckily, Lazarus does offer some other flavors in their high potency line (I enjoy Strawberry Lemonade best). Still none of them have quite the variety or imagination you might find from other, pricier brands.
- Base Oil and Other Ingredients: In a word, nothing special. This tincture is just made with hempseed oil and coconut-based MCT oil. If you're looking for something fancy, with synergistic ingredients to amp-up the wellness and make for more effective treatment options, this isn't the oil for you. Still, at this price point, you can forgive the no-frills approach!