CBD Lip Balm for Chapped Lips? (Plus CBD Balm Recommendations!)
Looking to let those luscious lips look and feel their best? CBD lip balm may be just the ticket to lock in moisture, protect them from inflammation, and give yourself a long-lasting boost throughout the day.
We cover all the benefits you can expect from adding a CBD lip balm to your routine, then provide a few of our top picks for the very best CBD lip balms on the market.
What is CBD Lip Balm?
As its name implies, CBD lip balm is a traditional lip balm infused with a dose of cannabidiol (CBD), the therapeutic cannabinoid found in hemp plants.
But that addition of CBD can make all the difference in the world.
What are the Benefits of a CBD Lip Balm?
CBD has a number of impressive benefits for your skin health. According to the available research, CBD can:
- Reduce inflammation and overproduction of sebum. In a lip balm, these properties can reduce inflammation and swelling. Moreover, the effects on sebum production may help reduce the appearance of acne and other inflammatory conditions on and around the lips.
- Reduce and manage pain. This pain-fighting potential is particularly useful for a lip balm, as it can reduce the impact of pain from dry, chapped lips — which is, after all, one of the key goals of any lip balm!
And that's on top of the benefits of a traditional lip balm, such as providing moisture to dry areas and insulating your lips from damage caused by harsh elements.
In short: CBD is a natural enhancement to any traditional lip balm, and it can take the benefits you receive and turn them up to eleven.
How We Chose the Best CBD Products
In the wide world of CBD, there's no shortage of products to choose from. That's just as true for CBD lip balm as it is for tinctures and other topicals. As such, it's important to choose the right CBD lip balm for your needs.
Here are the criteria we used in selecting our top picks:
- Quality Ingredients: No matter what product you're looking for, it all comes down to ingredients. We're looking for quality, natural compounds that are proven effective both in and out of the CBD world.
- Potency: Adding CBD to a traditional lip balm is all well and good, but you want to make sure that the addition will actually enhance the lip balm's effectiveness. You won't get that with low-potency CBD doses, so the CBD content of your lip balm is a key consideration.
- Price: Lip balm is just one small part of your self-care routine, so you don't want your CBD lip balm to break the bank. Price is definitely a factor worth considering.
- Variety of Flavors: Lip balms aren't for eating, but let's face it — you're putting this stuff on your lips, and some of it is probably gonna touch your tongue. If that happens, you want to make sure it's a taste you'll actually enjoy.
- Third-Party Lab Test Results: This one should go without saying. At CBD Choice, everything that we stock is backed by comprehensive lab testing that proves the purity and potency of the product you'll receive. It's part of the CBD Choice Selection Criteria and one of the reasons that CBD Choice is your best choice for CBD online.
With that cleared up, let's get right into our picks for the very best CBD lip balms on the market.
CBD Choice Picks for the Best CBD Lip Balms
Honorable Mention: CBDistillery Spearmint CBD Lip Balm
- Quality Ingredients: 5/5
- Potency: 3/5
- Price: 5/5
- Variety of Flavors: 1/5 (spearmint only)
Make no mistake, CBDistillery's Spearmint CBD Lip Balm is a top contender for CBD lip balm, and it's a staple product for many of us here in the office.
Where this lip balm really stands out is in the quality of its ingredients. Coconut oil, almond oil, beeswax, shea butter, green tea leaf, vanilla — the list of all-natural all-stars goes on.
Honestly, the only thing holding this product back from being our top pick is the variety of flavors. Namely, there is no variety. However, if you love the taste of spearmint, then you simply cannot ignore this impressive offering from one of the industry's best-loved brands.
Runner-Up: PureKana CBD Lip Balms
- Quality Ingredients: 4/5
- Potency: 3/5
- Price: 2/5
- Variety of Flavors: 5/5 (Cherry, Vanilla, and Menthol)
PureKana's reputation for excellence is well-deserved, and that's just as true when it comes to CBD lip balms.
The list of ingredients pulls from some of the beauty world's top contenders, including beeswax, shea butter, jeechem CTG (a form of MCT oil), and skin-healthy natural flavorings. It may not be quite as impressive as the others on this list, but the recipe is tried-and-true.
Where Purekana's CBD lip balm falls short is price. Like many PureKana products, premium quality comes at a premium price, which holds these otherwise impressive offerings back from the top spot.
CBD Choice Top-Pick: cbdMD CBD Lip Balms
- Quality Ingredients: 4.5/5
- Potency: 5/5
- Price: 5/5
- Variety of Flavors: 5/5 (Sweet Vanilla, Blackberry Acai, and Mint Hibiscus)
Let's put it plainly: this was an easy pick for the best CBD lip balm on the market. The price is right, the ingredients are great across the board, and the variety of flavors is nothing short of lip-smacking.
But in my mind, the biggest draw of all is the CBD potency. Each stick of cbdMD lip balm boasts an impressive 50mg of CBD, double that of the two other offerings that made this list. Because you'll use so little lip balm at a time, that extra potency can go a long way to keeping you feeling your best, longer.
But just as important, the ingredients are top-notch. You'll find many of the same all-stars as with the others on this list, and the flavors are even sweetened with stevia — which actually comes with a number of skin-healthy benefits all its own!
CBD Lip Balm FAQs
CBD lip balms are one of the easiest, most effective ways to improve the health of those luscious lips, but we know you've got some questions.
Well, good news! We've compiled a few of the CBD Choice community's most frequently asked questions, so you can get up-to-speed on these key topics.
Q: How Much CBD Lip Balm Should I Use?
A: As with any form of topical CBD (or any traditional lip balm), your needs will vary. Depending on how dry and chapped your lips are, you may find that more or less will do. As a general rule of thumb (rule of lip?), applying 2-3 quick swipes to each (upper and lower) lip, then briefly rubbing your lips together, should provide lasting, even protection.
Q: How Long Does CBD Lip Balm Last?
A: This depends upon a number of factors, including the potency of CBD lip balm you use, how much you apply, and the environmental conditions (such as heat and wind) around you. Generally, CBD lip balms will last for as long as traditional lip balms, so re-applying every few hours may be the best way to keep your lips feeling their best. BUT: the dose of CBD does change things a bit, as topical CBD can remain effective for up to six hours.
Q: Can CBD Lip Balm be Used for Cold Sores?
A: Research on CBD for treating cold sores is sparse. However, CBD's anti-inflammatory and anti-viral potential are well-documented, and they might make CBD lip balm a viable tool for combating cold sores. But if you're thinking of using CBD for treating cold sores or any other medical condition, it's essential to talk to your doctor about CBD prior to starting use.
Final Thoughts on CBD Lip Balm
Looking to lock in moisture, reduce chapping, and keep your lips looking and feeling their best? CBD lip balm may be just the tool you've been looking for.
CBD lip balms combine all the benefits of a traditional moisturizing lip balm with the added benefits of CBD's potent anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, and sebum-reducing benefits. In short, it's a match-made in heaven that kicks your lip-boosting regimen into overdrive.
As always, when it comes to self-care, it's important to make sure you're making the right pick for your unique needs. When it comes to CBD lip balm, we stand by CBDistillery, PureKana, and (especially) cbdMD for affordability, quality of ingredients, and sheer CBD potency.
Hopefully, this article has given you everything you need to make the best choice for your lip health. Still have questions? A little research goes a long way. Our CBD Blogs and in-depth Learning Center articles give you researched, evidence-based takes on all the most important developments in the CBD world.
Still can't find what you're looking for? Why not reach out to our Customer Support team, who will be happy to point you in the right direction.