CBD Crystals: Everything You Need to Know
With so many innovative and new CBD products available, it's easy to get lost in all the terminology flying around. And when you encounter a new term like 'CBD crystals'? Well, you'd be forgiven for drawing a blank.
But fear not! CBD Choice is here to clear up any confusion you may have.
Just what are CBD crystals? How are they produced? Are they as effective as other forms of CBD? And what products are available that use CBD crystals?
We'll answer all this and more, giving you everything you need to know!
What Are CBD Crystals?
The first and most obvious question: just what are CBD crystals? The answer is more straightforward than you may think, and you may already be familiar with them under another name: CBD isolate.
Put simply, CBD crystals are the purest form of CBD. It's what you get when you take natural hemp, use advanced technology to strip away all of the plant matter and other cannabinoids, and carefully isolate the remaining compounds.
If you've been in the CBD marketplace for a while, you've probably come across a few products that contain CBD crystals/CBD isolate. It's one of the most prevalent ingredients in "THC free CBD".
But let's be clear: those products aren't CBD crystals. Instead, they contain them as one of many ingredients.
The term "CBD crystals" refers to something much more specific: pure, powdered CBD with absolutely no other ingredients.
CBD Crystals Special Role: Versatility, Versatility, Versatility
One thing's undeniable: CBD crystals provide a level of versatility and customization that no other CBD products can offer.
For tinctures, vapes, topicals, and most other CBD products, there's really only one or two "correct" ways to use them.
But with CBD crystals, that's simply not the case. Because they're just raw, undiluted CBD, they lend themselves perfectly to virtually any use case, and creative users will find no shortage of fun and innovative ways to use CBD crystals.
In short, CBD crystals might be the most versatile form of CBD you'll find anywhere!
Eating and Drinking CBD Crystals
CBD crystals are edible, allowing you to get the best CBD treatment with unparalleled ease. Of course, measuring your dose of CBD crystals can be a little exacting, so it might not be the ideal way of getting your regular dose.
Instead, we recommend preparing your favorite food or beverage in advance, using a bit of CBD isolate crystal to infuse it with a healthy dose of everyone's favorite cannabinoid.
Smoking or Vaping CBD Crystals
For many users, inhalable CBD is the very best option. After all, inhalable CBD offers the highest bioavailability, fastest absorption time, and most direct results possible from any ingestion method out there!
CBD vapes are available for sale. But with the recent expansion of the PACT Act, they're becoming far more expensive, and many retailers are even choosing not to sell them! But with CBD crystals, you can spice up your favorite traditional vape or smokable herb with a custom-fit dose of CBD.
DIY Projects With CBD Crystals
To get you started in the wide world of using CBD crystals, here are a few selections from our DIY CBD blog articles that use CBD crystals to great effect!
- Make Your Own CBD Candles: CBD candles can infuse your home with several of the therapeutic benefits that CBD has to offer. And what's better, they're easy to make for your own at-home enjoyment!
- Make Your Own CBD Lip Balm: Lips feeling dry? Looking for a bit of moisturizing relief with CBD's powerful anti-inflammatory boost? Our DIY CBD Lip Balm recipe is just the thing.
- Make Your Own CBD Soap: Much like other topicals, CBD-infused soaps can ease aches and fight inflammation. It's hard to find CBD soap on the market, but we make it easy to make your own!
- Make Your Own CBD Pet Treats: Sure, there are a lot of CBD pet treats for sale, but maybe your pet's a picky eater? With these recipes, you can make custom CBD dog and cat treats they're sure to love.
- Make Your Own CBD Bath Bombs: The ultimate way to unwind and treat yourself to a taste of the good life, CBD bath bombs are simply luxurious. And with these recipes, you can treat yourself without breaking the bank.
But of course, these are just a tiny taste of what you can do with CBD crystals! With a bit of creativity and know-how, there's quite literally no end to the innovative, tailor-made projects you can make.
So next time you're looking to treat yourself, give a thoughtful gift, or just enjoy a bit of hands-on time, consider reaching for your CBD crystals!
How Are CBD Crystals Produced?
Producing CBD crystals requires advanced equipment, careful testing, and an exacting attention to detail. While users might be able to create their own full spectrum extracts (or at least something close) from raw hemp, CBD crystals are another beast entirely.
It's a complex, multi-step process, but these are the basic steps:
- A high-CBD strain of natural hemp is selected, and ample hemp biomass is assembled.
- Manufacturers use advanced equipment to separate many of hemp's natural compounds from the plant matter itself. Many extraction methods exist, but producing CBD crystals is more exacting than most, so a method known as Supercritical CO2 Extraction is used almost exclusively.
- The extract is then subjected to extremely cold temperatures in a process known as "winterization". This separates many remaining compounds, such as wax and fatty acids, from the extract's other compounds.
- The cannabinoids are then drawn through a complex series of filters using a press and vacuum.
- The manufacturer then uses a process called decarboxylation to further remove unwanted materials. This process also slightly alters the cannabinoids in the extract, converting CBDa to CBD.
- As a final step, the CBD in this extract must be separated from the rest of the mixture. This is done through a process known as distillation.
Long story short? Creating CBD crystals is an exacting process that, frankly, is best left to specialists. Unless you happen to have high-grade laboratory equipment sitting around, leave this one to the professionals.
How Effective are CBD Crystals Compared to Other CBD Products?
This is a tough question to answer. Some users swear by pure CBD crystals as the best way to enjoy CBD's benefits. Many others, however, prefer full-spectrum CBD, which contains much more than pure CBD isolate.
Simply put: CBD crystals offer all of the benefits you'd find from other CBD products. After all, they're CBD, pure and simple. From anxiety relief to inflammation control to pain reduction and more.
BUT: other CBD products may contain additional ingredients that synergize with CBD to complement and enhance its effects. This is known as the entourage effect, and many users swear by it as the best way to reap CBD's many therapeutic offerings.
Ultimately, which type of CBD extract works best for you is a matter of personal preference. Experience is the best teacher, and only you can determine what works for your needs.
CBD Crystals, In Closing
CBD crystals are the purest form of CBD. It comes in a fine crystal or powder form and contains absolutely no other hemp components aside from CBD.
They offer all of the therapeutic benefits you'll find in other CBD products but do not deliver the entourage effect that many users enjoy.
As such, CBD crystals are an increasingly popular way of consuming CBD. That's all the more true because CBD crystals are, without doubt, the most versatile and customizable way of getting your regular dose.
If you're interested in trying CBD crystals for yourself, we've got more good news! It's also one of the most affordable ways of incorporating CBD into your daily routine.
And if you have any questions or would like to share your experience with CBD crystals, please don't hesitate to reach out! We always love hearing about our community's thoughts and feelings about all things CBD!