Bake Up a Storm With CBD | CBD Choice
Bake Up A Storm With CBD: Fall-Friendly CBD Baked Goods Recipes
Fall's upon us! And as the weather gets cold, there's nothing better than spending time around a warm oven with loved ones and sharing a bit of love. In the spirit of sharing and caring, we're here bringing you the most important tips for baking with CBD — as well as a must-try recipe for an absolutely delicious, Fall-perfect treat infused with CBD.
So without further ado, let's jump right in with some of our best tips and CBD recipes for cooking and baking with CBD oil!
Two Big Tips for CBD Baked Goods Recipes
Baking with CBD is actually quite simple, as it doesn't require you to do much differently from what you would with a traditional baking recipe.
But before you rush off and add a dash of CBD to your favorite Bake Off dish, there are two things that you should keep in mind:
Keep your temperature around (or below) 325°F.
This is a bit below your standard baking temperature, but it's essential for ensuring you get the most out of your dose of CBD. Too much heat will degrade the CBD, reducing its effectiveness, and it just so happens that 325°F is right in the magic zone for keeping CBD from reaching its boiling (and degradation) point.
This will require you to modify the baking time for your traditional (non-CBD) cake recipes, so be sure to factor that in if you're modifying an old family favorite.
Use the right tools: bake with CBD + MCD Oil Tinctures, CBD butter, or CBD coconut oil.
CBD is fat-soluble. As such, the best way to ensure proper dosage and distribution in your CBD baked goods recipes is to infuse your dose of CBD into a rich fat, such as butter or coconut oil.
Notably, many CBD oils and tinctures are made with an MCT oil base — a rich, healthy fat that is a common ingredient in cooking for keto and other specialist diets. If your favorite CBD tincture is made with MCT oil, then it's a great pick for CBD baked goods recipes!
Alternatively, making your own CBD butter is a simple, straightforward process, and we cover an easy recipe for it below. If you'd rather go the coconut oil route, things are even simpler, as we offer a CBD coconut oil ready for all your baking needs!
How to Make CBD Butter
Using a CBD-infused butter is a great way to boost the quality of your CBD baked goods recipes.
While it's virtually impossible to find CBD butter for sale, making your own CBD butter is one of the simplest things you can do in the kitchen.
The following recipe comes courtesy of The Joyce of Cooking.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups of your favorite traditional butter
- 1 cup of water
- 20ml of your preferred CBD oil
Note on CBD potency: Depending on the potency of CBD oil you choose, 20ml of CBD oil that this recipe calls for may add up to quite a lot of CBD indeed. Try to assess the amount of butter that your recipe calls for, then choose a CBD oil that will deliver your intended dose with each serving size.
- Chop the butter into smallish pieces.
- Place the butter, water, and CBD oil into a small pot.
- Heat the pot over low heat (to prevent the CBD from breaking down) for ~2 hours.
- Let the mixture cool but not harden.
- Stir thoroughly, then pour into an airtight container.
- Refrigerate as you would with traditional butter.
With this done, you're all set to infuse your favorite traditional bake, turning it into a custom-made CBD baked good! Just remember to keep the temperature in the guidelines mentioned above and, if necessary, adjust your baking times to match.
Delicious CBD Pumpkin Pie Recipe
For my money, there's simply no Fall dish more fitting than pumpkin pie. So, in the spirit of the season, let's tweak this classic with a dash of CBD goodness!
What You'll Need:
- Your choice of CBD product
- Note: a high-potency, MCT-based CBD oil may be ideal here, as it allows for your target dose without adding too much extra liquid to the dish.
- 15 ounces of pumpkin puree
- 14 ounces can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- A 9" unbaked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Whisk together the CBD oil, pumpkin puree, condensed milk, eggs, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt.
- Pour mixture into the unbaked pie crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Continue to bake, checking for doneness approximately every 10 minutes. To do so, insert a knife into the pie ~1 inch from the crust. If knife comes out clean, you're done!